Compassion Day Celebration! In honour of the birthday of His Holiness, the Dalai Lama- July 6th, 2012
As an FPMT Centre, Lama Yeshe Ling Tibetan Buddhist Group & The Centre for Compassion & Wisdom, is Hosting a Potluck Dinner at
Holy Cross Lutheran Church
Friday, July 6th, 2012
in honour of
His Holiness The Dalai Lama’s 77th birthday
For this celebration YOU are invited to participate in the 3 components of Compassion Day – Rejoicing, Compassion in Action, and Meditation.
· As well as bringing a dish for our potluck dinner, please bring a guest, a new person and introduce them to the Centre and our community.
· Begin a Compassion Journal now, then bring it with you and share your most meaningful entries at our dinner.
· Bring books or cds on compassion, the dharma, meditation, kindness etc. from your personal libraries that you have enjoyed to recommend or give to other guests - like a book/cd exchange.
· As a centre community, let’s compile a Compassion Library List of books, videos and cds on Compassion and make this list available on the night of the dinner and on the Facebook page noted below.
· Consider creating a gift for His Holiness - it could be an image, a poem, a work of art, anything you consider appropriate! Perhaps your family, your meditation or study group has an idea. Maximum size is 8.5 x 11 letter size paper, one dimensional, and due by July 23rd. Share your gift or idea with us at our dinner and updated delivery details will be available.
In keeping with theme of the evening, Dave Gould will lead us thru a guided meditation on cultivating compassion & loving-kindness practice as a group.
Volunteers Are Needed: to promote, to help set up/clean up, kitchen duty, Dharma Shop, book/cd exchange, table decoration, birthday cake, photographers, post on Facebook and website …
PLEASE RSVP - by Thursday, June 28 - to Katie Keenleyside at 905 296-3728 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly let Katie know the following:
* if you are bringing a guest,
* if you are able to volunteer and in what capacity,
* if you have any book/cd titles to add to our Compassion Library List,
* if you are offering copies of books/cds for the exchange
Please visit the website – http://www.compassionday.org that fellow member Michael Ium has created for all FPMT centres to access, post pictures and progress of their own events and I would encourage all of you to join the Facebook group at http://www.facebook.com/CompassionDay.
Date: Friday, July 6, 2012
Location: Holy Cross Lutheran Church, 3455 Lakeshore Rd, Burlington, west of Walker’s line, north side
We are excited about celebrating the 77th birthday of His Holiness on Compassion Day and hope to see you there!
Please Do Save the Date!